NEW YORK, July 27, 2016 /PRNewswire/ – Connexient announced today their selection of the Connexient MediNavTM Navigator Edition 2.0 for their Mission Hospital campus in Mission Viejo, CA. MediNav is an all-screens Digital Wayfinding solution – spanning Web, Kiosk, Digital Signage and Mobile – featuring true turn-by-turn indoor navigation for smartphones to enhance the Patient Experience, reduce missed or late appointments and increase operational efficiency.
Mission Hospital, part of St. Joseph's Health, is a not-for-profit hospital with a 509-bed tertiary medical facility with campuses in Mission Viejo and Laguna Beach. Mission Hospital in Mission Viejo will be the pilot location for a planned network wide deployment of MediNav™ and will later be rolled out at their Laguna Beach campus.
Powered by Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) Beacons and sophisticated handset sensor fusion technology, MediNavTM Navigator v. 2.0 is the most advanced indoor navigation application available for hospitals with rich features that solve real world problems:
- True turn-by-turn indoor navigation with reliable indoor positioning accuracy of 1 to 2 meters, navigation cues, visual landmark references, off-route notification and more.
- Parking Planner and My Car Saver features that navigate users to the best parking location based on their appointment location inside the facility and saves and guides them back to their parking spot when they are finished.
- All Screens Solution – ensuring that patients and visitors can access vital information anytime and anywhere across Mobile, Web, Kiosks and Digital Signage.
- Outdoor + Indoor, Network-wide Wayfinding - guiding users across all the challenges of a campus or even network of facilities.
- Mobile Application SDKs and Web APIs – to enable integration of maps and navigation into existing mobile and Web applications.
“Mission Hospital's selection of MediNav is an exciting and important milestone for Connexient” commented Mark Green, Connexient CEO and Co-Founder. “We are delighted to have Mission Hospital as a flagship client on the West Coast. Their dedication to innovation and outstanding patient experience makes them a great partner. With our 100% focus on Digital Wayfinding for hospitals, Connexient continues to gain excellent traction with some of the leading health systems in the country.”
Connexient (www.connexient.com) provides innovative Indoor Mapping, Navigation and Location-based Services for Enterprises with large, complex buildings and campuses. The MediNavTM Navigator Edition Patient Experience solution helps hospitals and healthcare networks to increase customer satisfaction and loyalty, reduce missed or late appointments and improve HCAHPS scores.
More than just a mobile app, Connexient’s mission and vision is to navigation-enable Enterprise IT. The Connexient Mobile Application SDK’s and Web API’s enable its clients to integrate its rich, navigation quality indoor maps and location-based services across Enterprise IT in areas such as asset tracking, staff and patient flow, facility management, safety and security and more, with use cases that bring compelling value to users and direct ROI in capturing lost revenue, reducing costs and increasing operational efficiency and intelligence.
About Mission Hospital
Mission Hospital is a not-for-profit hospital which has been serving the community for more than 40 years. The 509-bed tertiary medical facility has campuses in Mission Viejo and Laguna Beach. It is the only regional trauma center in south Orange County and, through a partnership with CHOC Children’s at Mission Hospital, is also south county’s only designated pediatric health care center. Mission Hospital is part of St. Joseph Health, a 16-hospital health system founded by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Orange. For additional information, visit www.mission4health.com.
(212) 763-6604 ext. 3