(NEW YORK, NY and CINCINNATI, OH; April 12, 2017) - Connexient and The Jewish Hospital - Mercy Health announced today the launch of the “Right This Way” app to make it easier for patients and visitors to find their way around the hospital, remember where they parked and more.
Search “Right This Way: The Jewish Hospital” for both Apple and Android devices to download the app or access it from Mercy.com at https://www.mercy.com/cincinnati/locations/hospitals/the-jewish-hospital/wayfinding.
Mercy Health – Cincinnati is the first health system in Greater Cincinnati to launch this innovative wayfinding solution which is like an “Indoor GPS” for hospitals and runs on Connexient’s MediNav platform.
“Right This Way makes it easy for patients and visitors to find their way around the hospital. It offers detail-rich indoor maps, turn-by-turn indoor navigation, parking help and more on cell phones, kiosks and on Mercy Health’s website,” said Pat Davis-Hagens, Mercy Health Central Market President and CEO. “We’re always looking to improve the experience of both our patients and visitors and we launched the app to guide you to the department or room you want to visit, remember where you parked and help reduce missed or late appointments.”
“We are honored to announce Mercy Health as a new client,” commented Mark Green, Connexient CEO and Co-Founder. “Its commitment to both innovation and delivering outstanding patient experience makes Mercy Health an ideal partner as we continue to expand and enhance MediNavTM as the best-of-breed Indoor Navigation and Digital Wayfinding solution for healthcare.”
Powered by Bluetooth Low Energy Beacons and sophisticated handset sensor fusion technology, MediNavTM Navigator v. 2.0 is the most advanced indoor navigation solution available for hospitals, with rich features that solve real world problems:
- True turn-by-turn indoor navigation with reliable indoor positioning accuracy of one to two meters, navigation cues, visual landmark references, off-route notification and more. This feature helps patients find the lab or their doctor’s office and guides visitor to patient rooms and the cafeteria, for example.
- My Car Saver feature saves visitors’ parking locations and guides them back to their cars when they are ready to leave the hospital.
- All screens solution ensures that patients and visitors can access vital information anytime and anywhere across mobile, web and three, touch screen kiosks located conveniently throughout the hospital. From home or at the kiosks, visitors can input their visit details to get directions and print them out or send the directions to their phones.
- Outdoor, indoor, campus-wide wayfinding guides users across the entire hospital campus, including the hospital itself and Mercy Health Physician practices located both at the hospital and at The Jewish Hospital’s medical office buildings across the street from the hospital.
- Mobile Application SDKs and Web APIs – to enable integration of maps and navigation into existing mobile and Web applications.
Connexient (www.connexient.com) provides innovative Indoor Mapping, Navigation and Location-based Services hospitals and healthcare networks with large, complex buildings and campuses. The MediNavTM Navigator Edition Patient Experience solution helps to increase customer satisfaction and loyalty, reduce missed or late appointments and improve HCAHPS scores. More than just a mobile app, Connexient’s mission and vision is to navigation-enable Enterprise IT. The Connexient Mobile Application SDKs and Web APIs enable its clients to integrate its rich, navigation quality indoor maps and location-based services across Enterprise IT in areas such as asset tracking, staff and patient flow, facility management, safety and security and more, with use cases that bring compelling value to users and direct ROI in capturing lost revenue, reducing costs and increasing operational efficiency and intelligence.
Mercy Health - Cincinnati makes advanced, compassionate, quality healthcare easy to help you be well in mind, body and spirit. Mercy Health – Cincinnati has been serving Greater Cincinnati for more than 160 years and provides an integrated network of leading physicians, compassionate caregivers, comprehensive services and exceptional care at more than 180 locations across the region. The Mercy Health – Cincinnati network of care includes five award-winning hospitals, senior living communities, primary care and specialty physician practices, outpatient centers, social service agencies, fitness centers and a variety of outreach programs. Mercy Health - Cincinnati hospitals have earned national Truven Health Analytics’ 100 Top Hospitals honors more times than all other Cincinnati hospitals combined, placing them among the best hospitals in the nation. Truven has also named Mercy Health - Cincinnati as one of the nation’s Top 15 health systems three years in a row and it is the only health system in Cincinnati to earn this honor. Mercy Health – Cincinnati is part of Mercy Health, the largest health system in Ohio and fourth largest employer. To learn more visit, mercy.com and engage in the conversation via Mercy Health - Cincinnati’s social media channels (@mercy_health on Twitter and Mercy Health - Cincinnati on Facebook).
Contact for Mercy Health: Nanette Bentley
Contact for Connexient: Rachel Kessler, Kessler Communications, LLC